I’m baccccckkkk! Don’t be fooled, the next few posts aren’t going to be all about portugal winning the World Cup, oh no, it’s all about the holiday outfits, it really won’t get much deeper than that! In summary..;
It was lovely and hot despite being the start of the season (although we did have a few dodgy cloudy days which included rain!!!!!). I have renamed my trip to Portugaaaaal as Portu-girl… Lol We drank and ate frequently (both in massive proportions)….. In fact my daily routine was eat, sunbathe, eat, sunbathe, eat, sleep, repeat. All in all, a fab 2 weeks away filled with mummy time, sun and of course, a whole host of outfits!!
Over the next couple of days I’ll showcase my top looks (AND THE BUYS!!).
What to wear to travel in…?
In my books, this one has to be comfort and also, adaptable for the other end too. Portugal is only a 2 hour 15 minute flight and I knew it’d be warm the other side.
Unfortunately due to the excitement of going on holiday I didn’t take a pic but this is what the outfit looked like.
- Dress – Gap
- Shoes – Gap this year, can’t find on the website but similar sold here
- Bag – sadly not on the website but similar here
I love this look – effortless and chic travel gear!
It started with a duty free haul at luton airport. Unfortunately due to the time taken to check in and get through airport security, my shopping haul was limited to 3 purchases only.
- Angel by Thierry mugler – have been lusting after this for a while so finally made the purchase.
- Yves Saint Laurent touché éclat foundation – I absolutely swear by this, it’s great for even coverage to.
- Karl largerfeld – this is new to hit the shops. I don’t have a favourite scent (am one for just trying what’s new rather than having a regular perfume), this one caught my attention
The First Night…
We landed just before midday and to my surprise there was no time difference. The first night followed the first day of sunshine.
Fairly bad photos, the humidity and my camera did not get on…
I love this outfit (even if I do say so myself)…
- Maxi dress – Select – who doesn’t love a maxi dress, it can be worn with flats or heels, dressed up or down. Available here
- Sandals – Primark – bought last month. Previous post here
- Bangle – Pink Lovebird Boutique – available here
- Bag – Florence and Fred at Tesco – available here
- Clutch – I love this envelope clutch, I picked it up a few weeks ago for £13, it’s a good colour burst.
The New Bikini/s…
I have been on the search for new bikinis for a couple of months and although there are so many beautiful ones out there, these two really met my (very basic) criteria. I always go for a bandeau top (no strap marks basically) and just regular bottoms – Note, no tie sides either, nor teeny weeny thongy type briefs as they do nothing for me.
I picked these two up before we flew out (in a ‘I need another bikini’ moment)…..
- Green and black bikini from Pink at Victoria’s Secret. You can buy here
- Pink bikini from good old sainsburys (whilst doing my weekly shop). See the collection here.
See also my previous post on supermarket chic.
Glasses – Chanel
Both bikinis are fab!
I decided to mix and match the green bikini with my black Calvin Klein bottoms, similar here
Hitting The Shops…(Part 1)
I clearly live in a bubble sometimes, a bubble that wasn’t aware how GOOD the shopping can be in Portugaaaaal!!!! There was a shopping mall near to the hotel called Aqua Portimao which had some great shops, H & M, Mango, Primark (omgeeee they are everywhere), and Pull and Bear to name just a few.
The first purchase….
Meet the new “Pull and Bear” shoes… They are made from the softest leather, ever! I love the appliqué detail. Buy here
Day look 1……..
Day wear is pretty much all about bikinis but when the sun gets too hot (NB Stay out of the sun. This is especially important between 11am and 3pm; UV is at its highest around the middle of the day, when the sun is directly overhead). I tend to wear vest tops and shorts as they are light to wear and take up limited space in the case.
Top bought from Zara a couple of years ago
Shorts bought from Primark, £5!!!!
Flip flops from accessorize similar available here. These are my ‘pool/sea’ flip flops, I bought these from Accessorize a few weeks ago. They are a neutral colour so go with everything!
- Cami from Matalan a loose fitting top.
- Harem pants from Matalan I should have saved them for the end of the holiday due to their bagginess and the fact they hide a multitude of sins (14 days of solely lounging on a sun lounger and half board is not forgiving on the hips!!)
- Necklaces from Pull and Bear here ‘The’ Pull and bear statement necklace featured here.
- Sandals from Primark
See my previous post on printed pants.
@SelectFashion @Primark @Matalan @FandFclothing @Pull_and_Bear
@Bershka @VSPINK @VictoriasSecret @sainsburys @Accessorize @YSL
@KarlLagerfeld @Gap @riverisland @pinklovebirdbtq